Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ventures in Life!

The Venture Begins!
In my quest to grow as a Christian I sometimes find myself in a time of drought. By this I mean that my walk is not at all what I want it to be. And looking back at these times I can see that I was not in God's word. Not abiding in Him.
(6) If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up, and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. (7) If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:6,7 nasb

So then my purpose for being here is to explore Gods word. I recognize that the Holy Bible, in its original form, is the ultimate and final authority in all areas of biblical doctrine. That our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus paid the ultimate price for our redemption and that it is only by his blood atonement that we can approach the throne of grace, that our lives should be a reflection of that price paid, striving to grow in the love and knowledge, building up one another for the glory of Jesus Christ.

I will be using the New American Standard Bible for all references unless otherwise noted plus other references which are readily available.

In the time of Paul, he and Silas were sent to Berea where they taught those who received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so. (Acts 17:10,11) So let us be like the Bereans and search out the truth. No assumptions will be made as to what you do or do not know, just open up your bible and follow along. Feel free to comment and ask questions, if I can't answer them, I know who can.

So where to start. I would like to begin with a controversial subject. This subject has been misrepresented by so many different people and cultures in just as many different ways. But once this subject is examined in the light of biblical truth, all misconceptions fall away to reveal the truth. And that truth is 'Jesus'.

So for now, I will leave this posting as an introduction and the study of 'Who is Jesus?" Will begin with the next posting. As of this time I do not know what the schedule of the postings will be, but that will come as I learn this process. So for now grab your bible, and a concordance and start studying. 'Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.' IITimothy 2:15

Until next time,
In Christ,
Scott <)))))><

1 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

My hope is that your blog will insire many to return to the Bible, but if ONLY ONE does, then it was well worth the effort.

We know a lot about Peter who trully converted hundreds to the Gospel. But we know little about Andrew who converted ONLY ONE (that we know of from the Bible) .... HOWEVER that ONE was PETER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home